✔️ I’m an enthusiastic, cheerful, friendly and energetic teacher! ✔️ I have experience teaching in person and online, having taught both children and adults of different levels. ✔️ I go above and beyond for each one of my students & give 100% effort to make sure you achieve your goals! ✔️ I offer enjoyable and engaging lessons to keep you motivated. ✔️ I focus on the individual needs of each student.
A little bit about myself
💖 I love : 🌍 Travelling 💬 Learning languages 🏔 Walking in beautiful scenery 📷 Photography 🎾 Watching tennis 🌷Nature and animals 📚Reading and series 🎵 Listening to music
My name is Camelia and I am a native Romanian speaker, originally from Vâlcea County, but currently living in Cluj-Napoca, Romania. l love exploring different cultures – in particular, I have spent a significant amount of time learning about the Japanese culture, however, I do consider that each culture has its own charm. My passion for foreign cultures is one of the main reasons I love to teach! I believe in the unconditional value of human life and I find I often have an affinity with people who appreciate nature and simplicity. My hobbies include writing, cooking, reading, travelling, and photography.
My lessons are interactive and engaging. I will coach and support you every step of the way to ensure you become fully competent and confident when communicating in Romanian, English or Japanese. I am happy to teach you in a way that suits you. A typical lesson with me will involve lots of conversation, engaging activities to expand your vocabulary as well as useful techniques to improve your understanding of grammar. I would be delighted to create lessons specifically for you based on your current level and to help you achieve your aspirations. My lessons are supportive, fun, friendly and motivating, and I can incorporate all four aspects of language learning (reading, writing, speaking and listening).
❓ What you can expect from my lessons:
✅ Well structured materials (Pdfs, Word documents, PowerPoint presentations, audio recordings and more). You do not need to buy any textbook or other resources, I offer everything you need to support your study in an organised manner.
✅ Plenty of vocabulary and useful expressions for daily use in real-life situations or specific terms and idioms for certain areas you are interested in;
✅ Grammar explained in-depth with theory and examples.
✅ Loads of exercises to practice your newly acquired vocabulary and grammar;
✅ Listening and writing practice;
✅ Conversation practice on various topics in a fun and relaxed way;
✅ Interactive reading and comprehension practice through stories accompanied by illustrations and interesting articles;
✅ Picture description exercises;
✅ Plus my constant encouragement and patience to keep you motivated 🙂
Qualifications & Experience
• As an alumnus of Babes-Bolyai University, I achieved a degree in Foreign Languages, Literatures, and Linguistics (Japanese Language & Literature, English Language & Literature, Romanian Language & Literature, General Linguistics, Writing Techniques Seminars).
• I completed a post-graduation Japanese conversational course at the Cultural Japanese Centre of Babes-Bolyai University.
• I have been a full-time language tutor since March 2017, having offered over 4000 Romanian, Japanese and English lessons to foreigners from all over the world both online and in-person. Therefore, I have been exposed to a multicultural environment that has helped me to develop effective, interactive teaching techniques at the same time suitable for everyone.
• In addition to online language tutoring, I also conducted group classes at the Cultural Japanese Centre in Cluj.
• Besides being a dedicated teacher, I can give you insights into Romanian culture and teach you idiomatic expressions that will make you sound more natural and native-like.
• Certificate of Japanese-Language Proficiency – The Japan Foundation
• 1st prize for Essay and Video Contest in Japanese (Organised by Gakkuin University – Sapporo, Japan)
• Special prize for essay in Japanese. (5,141 entries from 54 countries were submitted) ” Japanese Language Proficiency Competition ” aimed at “Japanese Language Students in the World” Organizer: International Exchange Institute. Sponsorship: The Japan Foundation, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Education, Asahi Shimbun – Tokyo, Japan.
• 1st prize for several national Romanian Language and Literature competitions (poetry, essays, short stories):
Premiul I- Secţiunea poezie- Concursul național de creație literară „Ex-Libris”, ediția a V-a Premiul I- Festivalului Naţional de Poezie „George Ţărnea”, ediția a VIII-a, publicarea poemelor în antologie Premiul I- Secţiunea poezie- Concursul naţional de creaţie artistică plastică şi literară “Marea…Marea”Premiu special – Secţiunea poezie- Concursul Interjudeţean de creaţie literară M. Eminescu, Slobozia Premiu pentru Polivalenţă- Concursul judeţean de creaţie literară şi plastică Valcea Artistică Premiul I- Secţiunea poezie- Concursul judeţean de creaţie literară şi plastică Valcea Artistică Premiul I-Secţiunea proză- Concursul judeţean de creaţie literară şi plastică Valcea Artistică Menţiune- Secţiunea eseu- Concursul judeţean de creaţie literară şi plastică Valcea Artistică Premiul I- Concursul Naţional de creaţie literară Velivolantis, Asociaţia Culturală Taberna, Craiova, Secţiunea Poezie Mențiune- Concursul Naţional de creaţie literară Velivolantis, Asociaţia Culturală Taberna, Craiova, Secţiunea Proză Locul II- epigramă, Simpozionul naţional Valenţe (in)formative ale comunicării, Drăgăşani Menţiune- Concursul naţional cu participare internaţională Eseuri şi scrisori de dragoste Dulcea mea Doamnă. Eminul meu iubit., Ediţia a VII-a, Arad (Premiile I, II, III nu s-au acordat) Premiul I- Concursul Naţional Europa de mâine, faza judeţeană, Calificare, Premiul III- Concursul Naţional Europa de mâine, faza naţională, Cluj, iulie 2013; APARIŢII : Maria Camelia-Niță et alii, „Căutarea numelui” – Antologia Festivalului Național de Poezie „George Țărnea”, Râmnicu-Vâlcea, Casa de editură „Petras”, 2014.